Real Estate Legal Services
As the economy of the Dominican Republic continues to expand, tourism to our country has also greatly increased. This in turn has resulted in the building of infrastructure, residential housing, condominiums, luxury hotels, golf courses, country clubs, and many other large-scale developments.
For many foreign nationals who are either investing in our country on a full-scale basis or just purchasing a winter home, understanding the real estate market and the accompanying real estate laws can be a challenge. However, relying our firm's long-term experience and expertise, The Del Carpio Office is able to support every client’s legal needs under a wide range of real estate transactions. These include:
- Executing all levels of due diligence, including the use of surveyors, on each property to ascertain its actual physical condition, and to insure it remains free of tax and mechanics liens and other encumbrances.
- Writing contacts that will be clear, easy to understand, preempt legal conflicts and potential tax liabilities, and support the client’s best interest.
- Negotiating with buyers and sellers to equitably remove barriers that are impeding the real estate transaction.
- Obtaining all necessary permits and legal documents to support the smooth construction or modernization of hotels, buildings, and other properties.
- Setting up and managing rules and regulations for condominiums, country clubs, golf courses, and other ownership, membership, partnership and syndicate developments respectively.
- Defending or prosecuting on behalf of clients should disputes arise concerning zoning, land use, property taxes rates, variances and other ordinances that may be imposed by a local government.
- Maintaining an eye towards the ever-changing economic and legal environment that may impact or adversely affect every client’s real estate situation.
As the language of real estate can be daunting, especially in a foreign country, entrusting these transactions to a legal professional with years of experience will provide you with peace of mind and allow you to enjoy your real estate asset for year to come.